Saturday, March 17, 2007

SERC #1 at Razorback, FL






There ain't a whole lot to talk about except the guys are fast here in FL and if you're having a bad day you're going to get your ass kicked!


I guess I trained too much that week and didn't rest up enough. I didn't take it as serious as I should have, I don't really know. But I didn't do horribly bad. But, I should have had more rest and eaten better in the morning. This was the morning after the time change, too, so that probably had something to do with it. I'm not giving a ton of excuses, just saying what I did wrong that I'll learn from.


I know that when my brain and body are rested, I'm a better racer. I'm also trying to train for endurance and XC. These are two very different disciplines that take a different training venue. I trained that week for an endurance race and didn't give myself enough off the bike time to recover before the XC race. This is something very important and I keep on forgetting.


It's still all good and fun and good training for the XC championships later in the year. The most important part of racing at my age and with a newborn is that you need to rest rest rest. You need to be and feel rested to get that hunger to win and your hunger is the right attitude you need to win.


Here are a few photos from the race.

1 comment:

gwadzilla said...

congrats on becoming a dad!

that is awesome!

you are awesome!

but you already know that