Sunday, May 18, 2008

Cruising the Conejo for 100 miles

I don't know what comes over me but every time I get a number put on my bike and no matter where it is or how long the ride but I can't help but race it. This fun ride for charity was no exception! Cannondale helped support the 24th Annual Cruisin the Conjeo 2008 bike festival in Newbury Park, CA on May 10th. We had a demo truck at registration at the Newbury Park Bicycle Shop Friday evening and I brought the family to hang out with me. It was busy!

Saturday morning the ride started early and I rolled out with about 1200 other riders. Some were there for the race like me, some for fun, some for exercise, and some to prove to themselves they could ride 100 miles, or 65 mile, or 21 miles. But everyone was there because they love to ride their bicycle. That is why I love these events! It is so great to see such a passion for cycling in everyone. It makes me proud to be a part of it.

Just want to thank the Boy Scouts of America for providing lunch and the rest of the sponsors for all the goodies. Next year, I highly recommend heading over to this event - it was a beautiful ride with perfect weather.

Peace and out for now,
Tinker

No comments: