Monday, June 30, 2008

BC7 Day 2: Lake Cowichan to Port Alberni

Mitchell and Tinker closed the gap a little and finished the 127km flat course in 4:30:53 in 5th place. The two will continue their mission today in Stage 3 - an 80km course that starts at 8:00AM.

Tinker said,"Mitchell was going strong today. It was a good day for him but I started feeling it a little in the rolling hilly part at the end. We lost a couple of minutes when I made a wrong turn and Mitchell passed me. I think he thought I was still ahead of him and he rolled across the line. I barely made the team cut off time behind him! A seven day stage race is a long race and you never know what can happen. We plan to continue closing the gap."

Tinker said the MonaVieCannondale team camp set up is great and he is enjoying the race.

See team photos on Jason Sager's blog: Click here or http://www.monavie-cannondale.com/.

No comments: