Got a few updates to the NMBO races...even more reasons why you should head to Davidson, NC on October 24! Just 20 minutes from the Charlotte International Airport - and flights are still reasonable. Register now!!!
Check out the website to view or print the course map. Note: the final course layouts for each race are subject to change by the race staff. Click here for the course maps
Friday Night Lights
Half a mile of short-track fun.
Oktoberfest 8-Hour Endurance Race
Approximately 8 miles, using existing single track, and lots of fun, new stuff!
Terror Time Trials
Individual time trials on the existing 4 mile course.
Can you slay 3/4 miles of short-track, cross-country, cyclocross thrills?
· This race is a fundraiser for the Ada Jenkins Center, which supports families in need in Iredell and Mecklenburg counties—even more important for at this time of economic craziness, so the more of you racers and supporters that come to the NMBO weekend, the more we can donate to the cause.
· Maps of the courses are up on the website... remember, these are the tentative course routes, subject to change if anything comes up... www.nationalmtboktoberfest.org/raceinfo.html
· NiteRider is the Official Lighting Sponsor of NMBO, sponsoring the Friday Niterider Short Track Race. When the sun goes down the lights come on, and NiteRider will award the Fastest Lap at Nite Female and Male in the 8-Hour Endurance race on Saturday. They are bringing out the truck and trailer for the whole weekend too… www.niterider.com
Race Adjustment to the Friday NiteRider Short Track Race: The original idea was to have a motorcycle out on the short track race to be in front of the lead pack and if a racer got caught by the motorcycle, the racer would get pulled. We wanted to make the short track race more interesting and more challenging--to push yourself in a short time limit. Similar to how the NMBS Short Track races are done, with the goal of having a true national style short track race in the area. Since we announced it, Taylor heard it was not a good idea to have a motorcycle out on the grounds of the park and after reading a few emails, with questions and a few forum comments, we’ve modified the Friday NiteRider Short Track Race … Not to worry, we have a good timing system coming to the NMBO race and we’ll time everyone racing. Now every racer can race the whole time during the short track race and be tracked –you may get lapped but you won’t get pulled.
· Thanks to Specialized for sponsoring the King and Queen of the Mountain race within the Oktoberfest 8-Hour Endurance Race on Saturday. The Lady that climbs to the top of 5 to 7 climbs (still finalizing the checkpoints!) will be recognized as the Queen of the Mountain, and will receive the Specialized/Komen pink Propero Helmet and 2008 Women’s Factory Team Jersey--also in pink—to support National Breast Cancer Awareness Month in October. The man who will be “crowned” King of the Mountain will be awarded a Red Propero Helmet and a red Specialized Factory Team Jersey ... www.specialized.com
· Cool Breeze Cyclery has come on board to be part of the NMBO activities for the weekend. Not only will they be providing neutral support for all the racers out there during the events, they’re sponsoring the Kids Races. And stop by their booth/tent to enter the raffle, cool prizes given away each hour during the weekend … www.coolbreezecyclery.com
· Grip It and Rip It for the Whole Shot at NMBO, sponsored by ODI Grips: First racer to get around the course in the short track race, first racer out of the prolog and onto the endurance course, fastest time trial racer and first racer around the Beast course will be awarded ODI Grips … www.odigrips.com
· Mark Sullivan of The Cycle Path has been out making some more sweet flowing single track to the course and he will be out on race to provide neutral support during the event. www.thecyclepath.net
· I will race on Saturday and will be on hand all weekend long. I would love to meet you so don't be shy!!
· and Last...Entry prices go up ten more dollars on 9/30, save some bucks and pre-register! ...smile... Need a place to stay? Days Inn Cornelius, just a few miles from the race venue. Bike friendly, convenient and an awesome deal. But you must call the hotel directly at 704-892-9120, online reservations do not qualify for the discount. The room is just $58.95 per night.
· Bookmark the site and check back for more details on demo rides, prizes and other really important stuff … www.NationalMtbOktoberfest.org
Many thanks to the Sponsor that are helping make the race happen, check them out here