Thursday, February 05, 2009

Getting Ready for the 24 Hours in the Old Pueblo

Just a quick update about the next race next weekend at the 24 Hours in the Old Pueblo. I love this race - every year I look forward to it and I had to miss it last year but man I can't wait to go back. The OP race has always been one of my favorites despite being so damn cold at night, it is so awesome to be out in the beautiful desert with so many riders. Everyone is having a good time and that is what matters....kind of like a party on a bike except it's a race.

Chris Maloni from Cannondale and Bicycle Barn Grimy Rob from the Bicycle Ranch will be crewing for me. These guys are dependable and awesome to work with.

This week I had two long rides up in the San Gabriel mountains, one mtb and one road. Todays ride got cut short because can you believe it but it rained...go figure. My wife is dancing outside in it but I'm cussing it! Anyway, tapering and rest and good food for the next few days so I can pack and get ready.

Well, I just want to say I cannot wait to see everyone. I better remember to pack my cans so I can get in. Bring lots of canned food for the charity....

God Bless,

Tinker

1 comment:

. said...

Maybe in the future, we will share the same track!
Regards from Portugal.
Joao
www.asminhaspedaladas.com