Monday, November 22, 2010

Bicycling 24-Hour by Omni-Motion Dec. 4-5, 2010

My last race of the season is coming up the weekend after Thanksgiving and it's going to be a big one in a far-away land so I'm getting ready now and will be heading out really early to get acclimated and rest before the race. The race is the Bicycling 24-Hour by Omni-Motion on Dec. 4-5 at the Rietvlei Farm and Lifestyle Centre in South Africa.  I plan to take my Canondale Carbon Flash but it was a hard decision between the Scalpel and the Flash. The course is a bit over 11km and the conditions could be wet so I think to get through the mud, the Flash will be better....we shall see. 

My support will be great, with my good friend Roger Carlson traveling with  me and a long-time Cannondale rep/race promoter will have support all day and all night.  It looks like the cards are all lines up for the event.  I love South Africa and can't wait!  I will also bring my fishing pole...just in case I get a few minutes to try and catch a few.

Whenever you travel overseas it's a big deal.  When you're heading over for a big race like this, it's even a bigger deal.  I haven't had any 24 hour races yet this year, so I think this one will be tough on a few levels.  But I'm going to do my best, have fun, and try and be safe. 

I got a new helmet cam from Epic Action Video, a new sponsor for 2011, and it will be my first experience using it so this should be really cool.  I'll send out an end of year race report and post some video.  I'm hoping we get something we can use on my new website, which should also be posted by the end of the year. 

Well, happy trails, and keep the rubber sideways.

Tinker

No comments: